Posted by Lilly on Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 10:33am.
Identify the prepositional phrases in the following sentences.
4. Clusters of stars form constellations.
PP= of stars
5. Seven very bright stars surrounded by dust form the Seven Sisters.
PP= form the Seven Sisters, PP= Seven very bright
Identify the prepositional phrases in the following sentences and the word they modify.
2. The soprano sang one of my favorite songs.
PP= of my favorite songs, WM= soprano
English - MattFromAsia, Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 10:50am
#2 - It's not your favorite soprano. It's your favorite song.
#5 - "form" is a verb. I think you're confusing it with "from." Which word is the preposition?
#4 is right.
Unfortunately, I am no longer allowed to post internet addresses. (Darn server error...can someone look into that?)
I'd give you more resources, but google "what is a preposition?" And also look at dictionary ..... well...can't finish the web address. You can look up individual words to see if they are prepositions.
English - GuruBlue, Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 10:52am
#5....form is a verb not a preposition.
seven is an adjective not a preposition.
#4 is correct
#2 the soprano is NOT one of my favorite songs. The prep. ph. is correct, but what is it talkiing about?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Identify the prepositional phrases in the following sentences. 5. ...
- English - Identify the prepositional phrases in the following sentences. 1. Can ...
- maTH - I NEED HELP REALLY BAD 5. Directions: Select all the correct answers. ...
- 3 grade english - use each word or phrase as the subject of a sentence. add a ...
- MATH - Find the word form 0.007 a. seven hundredths b. seven tenths c. seven ...
- Astronomy - Hi, can you please check my work? I really need to do well on this. ...
- E.L.A. PLEASE CHECK! - Which choice does not contain a run-on sentence? A- Using...
- Math - There is one bus with seven girls on it. Each girl has seven backpacks ...
- Science - As they age, _________ stars move up and to the right on an H-R ...
- Science 5 - What are the characteristics of globular cluster stars? A.no stars ...