Posted by Lilly on Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 10:23am.
Identify the prepositional phrases in the following sentences.
1. Can anyone count the stars in the Milky Way?
PP=in the Milky Way
2. The Milky Way looks beautiful on a clear night.
PP=on a clear night
3. I enjoy stargazing from a nearby hilltop.
PP=from a nearby hilltop.
4. Clusters of stars form constellations.
PP= form constellations
5. Seven very bright stars surrounded by dust from the Seven Sisters.
PP= from the Seven Sisters
Identify the prepositional phrases in the following sentences and the word they modify.
1. Can you pronounce the name of the country?
PP= of the country, WM= name
2. The soprano sang one of my favorite songs.
PP= of my favorite songs, WM= sang
3. In the cave an ancient artist had painted a hunting scene.
PP= In the cave, WM=painted
4. Along the path we planted pink and yellow tulips.
PP= Along the path, WM=planted
5. Can you see well in the dark?
PP= in the dark, WM=see
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 10:28am
1 - 3 are correct.
4 is incorrect.
5 is correct, but there's a second PP in there.
1, 3, 4, and 5 - correct
2 - PP is correct; WM is incorrect.
Answer this Question
science - On a clear night, Ram correctly identified some clouds among the stars...
Science - Explain with a diagram why we see the Milky Way as a broad band of ...
Milky Way - I have to make a concept map for the milky way, and I'm wondering if...
Science-Universe and Stars - It says that I have to develop a concept map about ...
Physics - it is estimated that light travels 100 000 years to travel the full ...
Astronomy - Given that the mass of the Milky Way galaxy is 10^11 times that of ...
English - Thank you very much for your corrections. Here are some more sentences...
science - which of the statements below is true? a) the stars in a galaxy are ...
Astronomy - Which of the following can be considered evidence of galaxy ...
space - what kind of galaxy is the milky way?