Posted by Lilly on Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 10:23am.
Identify the prepositional phrases in the following sentences.
1. Can anyone count the stars in the Milky Way?
PP=in the Milky Way
2. The Milky Way looks beautiful on a clear night.
PP=on a clear night
3. I enjoy stargazing from a nearby hilltop.
PP=from a nearby hilltop.
4. Clusters of stars form constellations.
PP= form constellations
5. Seven very bright stars surrounded by dust from the Seven Sisters.
PP= from the Seven Sisters
Identify the prepositional phrases in the following sentences and the word they modify.
1. Can you pronounce the name of the country?
PP= of the country, WM= name
2. The soprano sang one of my favorite songs.
PP= of my favorite songs, WM= sang
3. In the cave an ancient artist had painted a hunting scene.
PP= In the cave, WM=painted
4. Along the path we planted pink and yellow tulips.
PP= Along the path, WM=planted
5. Can you see well in the dark?
PP= in the dark, WM=see
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 10:28am
1 - 3 are correct.
4 is incorrect.
5 is correct, but there's a second PP in there.
1, 3, 4, and 5 - correct
2 - PP is correct; WM is incorrect.
Answer this Question
english - write a paragraph of 5-7 sentences to explain how to study for a test...
English - Identify the prepositional phrases in the following sentences. 4. ...
English - Identify the prepositional phrases in the following sentnces. When the...
English - Identify the prepositional phrases in the following sentences. 5. ...
EW! GRAMMAR! - Can someone help me find GOOD pratice tests for Prepositional ...
English - Could someone please check my answers? I'll type the directions above ...
English - Is there any easy way to figure out how to identify participial ...
English - I need help answering some questions regarding, prepositional phrases ...
ELA - Read the social studies article about the gold rush below. Then list the ...
English - The sentence is: No one grew tired of eating it. Is there any ...