Posted by *Thara* on Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 10:12pm.
The Black's assets are to be divided among their three children Josh, Sanjeev, and Alan in the ratio of 8 : 6 : 3. For full marks your answer(s) should be rounded to the nearest cent.
a) If Josh received $9,500 from the sale of securities, what amount should Alan receive?
b) What amount should Sanjeev receive from the sale of his parents' boat for $32,000?
Answer for (a)3,562.5
Answer for (b)11,294.12
i hope i gotthis right too:)
- math! - *Thara* , Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 10:14pm
by the way if i want to round this to the nearest tenth how do i do it. 2.9474--> is it 2.9 or 3?:S
- math! - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 10:37pm
a. Right -- but rounding to the nearest cent makes it C$3,562.50
Rounding 2.9474 to the nearest tenth is 2.9
- math! - *Thara* , Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 10:41pm
Thnx so much!!!
- math! - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 6, 2010 at 10:58pm
You're very welcome, Thara.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - The Ramsey's assets are to be divided among their three children Agnessa...
- math - A 3-year magazine subscription costs $123 and may be canceled at any time...
- math - A $5,000 loan is offered for 18 months at 7.50% compounded quarterly. For...
- math - divide $ 680.00 among three children with the ratio 2:4:6 please show me ...
- math - a total of $24.00 is to be divided among three children in amounts ...
- business law - Alan has authority to make purchase contracts. Alan has a friend ...
- Algebra II - Among 100 coffee drinkers, 36 said that they preferred their coffee...
- college math - Calculate the future value of an ordinary annuity consisting of ...
- maths - Using your hourly rate computed in part a), what would Mary's gross ...
- college math - 1. Rebecka borrowed $500, $5,000, $3,500, and $2,000 from her dad...