Posted by Sara on Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 6:42pm.
I have to do a descriptive paragraph and here are the directions:
I can write a descriptive paragraph on either a place I like or an imaginary place.-I picked imaginary
1. First sentence begins with an adjective
2.2nd sentence begins with an adjective
3.3rd sentence begins with an adjective
4...begins with a phrase
5...begins with the word WHEN
6...begins with the words, THE ONLY
7...begins with a word ending in ING
Here is an example: Towering trees surround the sides of my tree fort. Forest sounds sing me to sleep when I stay the night in my favourite place. Occasionally, when the moon is out, I hear the movement of animals in the brush. In a flash I'm awake and sitting up. When the noise ceases, I can sleep again. The only time I can't go back to sleep is when the coyotes laugh at me from the hills behind our property, Laughing coyotes can make any kid's mind play tricks.
Here is mine:
Large gates open as I step. Colourful birds appear and they hand me a gift. Sweetly, they follow and guard me from danger. In the count of three, I get powers to fly. When, I want to go home, the birds lead the way. The only thing I miss, when I come here is, my family. Thinking about them, I disappear from this world and come home.
Can you please improve this a bit. Some parts in here seem awkward. All your help will be appreciated, thanks
- English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 6:54pm
Third sentence: "sweetly" is an adverb, not an adjective.
Everything else looks great!
I love your imagination! :-)
- English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 6:55pm
I just realized that in the sample paragraph, the third sentence begins with an adverb. Perhap you miscopied the directions?
- English - Sara, Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 7:01pm
Thanks, and yes, I miscopied the 3rd direction. Is this a phrase: In the count of three. Could I change it to: to the count of three. Also, could I change "world" to here, what's another synonym for here?
- English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 7:06pm
Another, perhaps better phrase, would be "At the count of three."
Instead of "world" or "here," how about garden or magical paradise?
- English - Sara, Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 7:09pm
Yeah, that sounds much better, thank you :-)
- English - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 7:11pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar and Composition - i have to write a five-sentence paragraph with varied ...
- English - Descriptive Writing - I have to get a rough draft of my descriptive ...
- english - need help to write a descriptive paragraph on food
- Grammar - What kind of paragraph is this? Descriptive, Narrative, or Expository...
- english - I think that paragraph 3 is more effective than paragraph 1 because it...
- english - Can you please tell me if the sentence in quotation marks is the topic...
- writeacher - writeacher i see ms. sue not here today u please help me with story...
- English 1 - We have to write a paragraph in the boy's point of view from a ...
- english - What is the topic sentence in the following paragraph? I believe that ...
- Intervention English - what does descriptive paragraph mean