Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 6:03pm.
14. The major components of a DNA molecular subunit are
a. a chromosome, deoxyribose, and double helix
b. a five-carbon sugar, phosphate group, and a nitrogen-containing base
c. adenine, guanine, cytosine, and thymine
d. all of the above
16. During DNA replication, all of the following steps occur EXCEPT
a. enzymes proofread new strands for errors and correct them
b. the double helix is unwound by DNA polymerases
c. base-pairing rules determine which nucleotide is added to new strands
d. each strand of a DNA double helix is copied, forming two identical double helixes
17. When errors in nucleotide sequencing occur,
a. DNA polymerase replaces the incorrect nucleotide with the correct nucleotide
b. enzymes dissolve the incorrect nucleotide so DNA polymerase can add the correct one
c. purines replace pyrimidines in the DNA molecule
d. DNA polymerase proofreads for errors while another enzyme corrects it
15. Which of the following is NOT true about DNA replication?
a. It must occur before a cell can divide
b. Two complementary strands are duplicated
c. the double strand unwinds and unzips while it's being duplicated
d. The process is catalyzed by enzymes called DNA mutagens
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Biology - 14. The major components of a DNA molecular subunit are a. a ...
- DNA &RNA - State two differences between DNA and RNA. we did not study this at ...
- intro chemistry college - State two differences between DNA and RNA. we did not ...
- Biology - Which is the correct base pairing: Adenine - Guanine Adenine - ...
- genetics - Which of the following are the purine nucleotides in DNA? A.Adenine ...
- biology - The purines in DNA are A. thymine and cytosine B. thymine and guanine ...
- Biology - The purines in DNA are A.thymine and cytosine B.thymine and guanine C...
- Science - Working on the Amazon River, a biologist isolated DNA from two unknown...
- Chemistry - The human body is said to contain approximately 50.0 grams of DNA in...
- Biology DNA - What are the components of DNA and how is the backbone of a single...