Posted by Franco on Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 9:44am.
Thank you very much for your last corrections.
Here are some more sentences about Christmas holidays I would like you to check.
1) How long did your Chrismas holidays last?
2) How long did it take you to eat your Christmas lunch? OR How much time (How long) did you spend eating your Christmas lunch?
3) Where did you stay in the mountains?
4) Who did you stay in the mountains with? Have you got a second-holiday home in the mountains?
5) How often did you eat at the restaurant during your holidays?
How much did it cost to eat at the restaurant? OR How much did you spend on your Christmas lunch at the restaurant?
6) How much money did you spend on your presents?
7) Who did you invite to your party?
8)Did you use up all your pocket money?
What did you receive as a Christmas present from your parents?
9)What did your best friend give you as a Christmas present?
10)How long did it take you to dress the Christmas tree?
11) Did you go anywhere interesting? 12) Did you go sightseeing? Did you take any pictures? Did you make any new friends?
13)What food did you eat the most often during your Christmas holidays?
14) What did your Christmas lunch constist of? How was it?OR What did you have for Christmas lunch OR for lunch on Christmas Day???
8) What food did you like the best? What did you have for your starter?
What did you have to drink?
9) What food did your mother cook the best?
10) When was the last time you ate at the restaurant? OR When did you last eat at the restaurant?
11)What did you help your mum with (OR to do?)
12) What does your father do as a job?
13) What time did you leave for the seaside/mountains?
14) How long did you take to do your holiday homework? Did your teachers give (or set?) you a lot of homework?
15) Did you get any help to do it?
Thank you very much
- English - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 9:53am
4. Who is the subject but in this sentence you is the subject. Whom is the objective case and that's what you need here. It's best to NOT end a sentence with a preposition. Who did you stay in the mountains with? = With whom did you stay in the mountains?
7. Same type of error as #4 with who/whom. Who did you invite to your party? = Whom did you invite...
14. (or set?) = no, don't use that
Everything else looks good!
Answer this Question
English - 1. The English liked soccer very much. (What is the part of speech of...
English - 1. I liked the work very much because I could help orphans who needed ...
English - 1. We had so much fun! 2. We enjoyed ourselves so much! 3. We really ...
English (very simple) - What are some phrases similar to "Case in point"? Thank ...
english - i need to rite an english speech but i dont know what to do it on and ...
English - I left out the following sentences. Thank you very much. 1)I like ...
English - Hi. Please help me with a problem. Is the following grammatically ...
A thanks to Writeacher - THANK YOU lol thank you very much i now understand wat ...
English - Thank you very much. I just have a few doubts about an email I need to...
English - Thank you very much for your correction. Can you tell if this sentence...