Posted by martha on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 3:42pm.
how do you convert a fraction into a decimal? and vice versa?
- math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at 4:18pm
To convert a fraction to a decimal, divide the numerator by the denominator.
3/4 = 0.75
(Remember three quarters equal seventy-five cents.)
To change a decimal to a fraction, read the decimal.
Example: 0.80 = eighty hundredths = 80/100 = 4/5
- math - Paul, Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 8:14pm
You must divide the numerator by the denominator Example: 13/50= 13 divided by50 you would get 0.26 and that would be your answer!!!!!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- grade 7 math - I really need someone to explain how to change a decimal to a ...
- math againn (converting decimals) - Write 6.4% as a decimal and as a fraction. ...
- math HOW DO I CONVERT A FRACTION TO A DECIMAL??? - how do i convert a fraction ...
- math - How do I convert kilo to lbs. and vice-versa?
- physics - How do you convert from nanometres - metres and vice versa? I need to ...
- math help [lease? - What strategies do you use to convert a fraction to a ...
- Math - My question is: WRite the percent as a fraction and as a decimal. 0.06% I...
- math - How do you change a decimal to a fraction?? you change a fration to a ...
- math - How do I convert From fraction into decimal 1/33?
- maths - how do i convert decimal fraction into common fraction