Posted by y912f on Monday, February 1, 2010 at 1:33pm.
Are these correct:
Although Brazil is rich in natural resources,
a. the government has done little to foster economics growth
b. poverty is prevalent among its population
c. the country has not yet begun to industrialize
d. the location of these resources makes it almost impossible to use them
28. Which of the following explains why the human geographics of the three Guianas are different?
a. different types of government
b. distinct patterns of colonization
c. varying landscape patterns
d. different natural resources
8. Four major vegetation regions common to both the United States and Canada are
a. tundra, rain forest, ice cap, and desert scrub
b. forest, dessert scrub, savanna, and continental
c. tundra, forest, grassland, and highlands
d. ice cap, grassland, forest, and savanna
I'm not sure about this one
13. two great Indian civilizations of the Latin American region were
a. the Portugese and the Incan
b. the Aztec and teh mayan
c. the Mayan and the Inuit
d. the Spanish and the Portugese
um..I thin it's B. I was stuck between B and C
14. The main landforms of Mexico are the Sierra Madres and the
a. central plateau
b. Isthmus of Panama
c. Amazon Basin
17. The climate on the Caribbean coast of Central America is rainier than the climate on the Pacific coast because the Caribbean coast
a. receives moisture throughout the year from the northeasterly winds blowing toward Central America
b. has no high mountains to prevent moisture from reaching the area
c. lies at a higher elevation
d. has many inlets and lakes
19. All of the following statements about Brazil's economy are true EXCEPT:
a. Because of the development of gasohol, Brazil no longer has to import expensive foreign oil
b. Industrial developments have destroyed the middle class
c. Jobs in service industries usually pay more than jobs in agriculture
d. Despite industrial development, poverty remains in the cities and teh agricultural northeast
i know it's not A. I would go with D
Thank you so much
- Geography - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 1, 2010 at 2:02pm
Brazil -- I disagree
8. (Broken Link Removed)
13. The Inuit are in northern North America. Therefore b. is correct.
14. Good heavens, where is the Amazon Basin?
- Geography - y912f, Monday, February 1, 2010 at 2:15pm
thank you so much!
Although, I'm still not sure about #8 and #19
Answer this Question
Geography - What is the capital of the landlocked country that borders Russia to...
geography brazil - the new capitol of brazil was built in the interior called...
Geography (Ms. Sue) - 1). How does the population of brazil resemble that of the...
geography - I am pretty sure my answers are correct, but can you double check? 1...
World Geography - Brazil is the giant of S. America, and it has the largest and ...
geography - Through which four South American countries does 20 degrees S line ...
Geography - 16. Although most of South America lies within the tropical ...
Geography (Ms. Sue) - 1). In what other countries bedsides Brazil is the Amazon ...
history - In the 1930s what did brazil do to restore its fallng economy? A. ...
Geography - Can someone please check if my answers are correct? 16. Although ...