Posted by EMH on Monday, February 1, 2010 at 9:51am.
Which sentence below is a cause-effect statement?
Nigerian students and workers often protested during the structural adjustment period.
One of the surprising facts about West Africa is that the Sahara was not always a desert.
Because of their location, the coastal countries of West Africa have many advantages.
The continent of Africa consists of a group of basins set in a vast plateau.
What effect has the herding of animals had on the Sahel?
Grazing has removed the forage, allowing larger plants to grow.
Herding has helped to reverse the desertification of the Sahel.
Overgrazing has destroyed the plants that hold the soil in place.
The Sahel has become the center of western Africa's cattle industry.
What role do West African women play in the region's economy?
Tradition will not allow women to work outside the home.
Women make most of the economic decisions in West Africa's matriarchal society.
Women help grow crops and run local markets.
Women own and run most of the small businesses.
Why is there little movement through the Congo River basin?
The center of the basin is a dense rain forest.
The terrain in the basin is too rugged for easy passage.
Wildlife on the savanna makes it too dangerous to travel.
The basin is covered by a desert.
What factor explains why The Democratic Republic of Congo has been economically unsuccessful?
corrupt national leadership and inefficient use of resources
a lack of natural resources
a lack of rivers that could be used for transportation
poor soil and a dry climate
geography - bobpursley, Monday, February 1, 2010 at 11:45am
Why is there little movement through the Congo River basin? It is a dense, tropical forest, with many waterways.
Overgrazing is the primary concern on the Sahel, the land has little carrying capacity.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geography - 18. Which sentence below is a cause-effect statement? a. Nigerian ...
- Geography - 16. Why was the Sahel's location important to the early empire of ...
- check geo - in western africa a ______is welcome after heavy summer rains. A)...
- Social Studies - Which of the following statements about Egypt is correct? A. ...
- geography - where can i get info about the desert Which desert? Or just deserts ...
- Geography help - How does the sahara desert influence migration patterns in ...
- English - 1. Paste the wall with paper. (Is this sentence correct?) 2. The nurse...
- Africa Regional Overview - Which of the following prominent geographic features ...
- geography - the ___- is called the sahel A)steppe north of the kalahari B)...
- geography - 1. What large desert in Africa is almost as big as the forty- eight ...