Posted by kerry on Monday, February 1, 2010 at 1:03am.
Which statement does NOT describe prescriptivists?
A}Language should be recorded, not judged.
B}Language use should follow strict rules
C} Language use should never change
D} Language use should be judged and evaluated.
i choose B
help - drwls, Monday, February 1, 2010 at 1:23am
I agree. B
help - SraJMcGin, Monday, February 1, 2010 at 9:27am
Did you notice the negative question?
Linguistic prescription, the prescribing of rules for language
help - SraJMcGin, Monday, February 1, 2010 at 9:32am
P.S. Actually the Subject is NOT help but language.
help - drwls, Monday, February 1, 2010 at 10:51am
I overlooked the word NOT. Thanks, Sra
Language - Writeacher, Monday, February 1, 2010 at 12:24pm
So ... Kerry ... what's your answer, now that the "NOT" has been pointed out to you?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- prescriptivists - which statement does NOT describe prescriptivists? A} language...
- helpmplz - which ststement does NOT describe prescripitivists? A. Language ...
- english - You've been assigned to invite a group of mechanical engineering ...
- English - If you've been assigned to invite a group of mechanical engineering ...
- psych - Language Paper (12 points): This paper should be posted as a Word ...
- English - Can you proofread this revision and tell me if it looks correct? Thank...
- foreign language - Hi there! I know two languages so far English and Russian. (I...
- teachers aide early chidhood education and after s - 1.you should serve meals ...
- Computer Science - Define a language that is not a regular language using a ...
- Geography - 2. Which of the following represents a negative aspect of language ...