Posted by Edward on Sunday, January 31, 2010 at 8:10pm.
is this a 6 grade work
There is and another part of Indian Culture which is Indian Arts The main theme of Indian art seem to begin emerging as early as the Harappan period, about 2500 BC. Although we're still not sure, some Harappan images look like later images of Vishnu and Shiva, and the tradition may start this early. With the arrival of the Indo-Europeans (or Aryans) around 1500 BC, came new artistic ideas.
Around 500 BC, the conversion to Buddhism of a large part of the population of India brought with it some new artistic themes. But at first nobody made images of the Buddha - only stupas (STOO-pahs), symbolic representations that didn't look like a person. Then the conquests of Alexander the Great, in the 320's BC, also had an important impact on Indian art. Alexander left colonies of Greek veteran soldiers in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and these soldiers attracted Greek sculptors (maybe some of the soldiers were sculptors). Their Greek-style carvings attracted attention in India - the first life-size stone statues in India date to the 200's BC, just after Alexander. During the Guptan period, about 500 AD, the great cave temples of Ajanta and Ellora were carved. Scenes from the life of the Buddha became popular, and statues of the Buddha. Finally, the arrival of the Islamic faith and Islamic conquerors about 1000 AD brought iconoclasm to India, and a love of varied and complex patterning derived from Arabic and Persian models. This affected even Hindu artists who had not converted to Islam. Small Persian-style miniature paintings also became popular.
- social st. - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 31, 2010 at 8:12pm
In what book or website did you find this?
- social st. - Edward, Sunday, January 31, 2010 at 8:19pm
i wrote this why is it good or not what more does it need
- social st. - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 31, 2010 at 8:26pm
This is not the work of a sixth grader and you did not write it. You copied it from this website.
Do not plagiarize! It can you a lot of trouble.
- social st. - Writeacher, Sunday, January 31, 2010 at 9:29pm
How very sad, but I guess I'm not surprised since you previously asked someone to GIVE you an introduction and conclusion.
If you are not clear on what plagiarism is and how to NOT plagiarize from a source, read through this entire webpage from Capital Community College in Connecticut:
(Broken Link Removed)
All of it. Including the examples.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies Check my answers! - 20. Which best describes the connection the ...
- Science - What's the longitude and latitufe for mid-indian ridge? and is the ...
- us history - How is the Seven Years War related to the French and Indian War? ...
- History - What was the main goal of the American Indian Movement? A)to achieve ...
- World History - 4. What was a consequence of British imperial rule in India? a...
- Eco - In January 2012, one US dollar was worth 50.0 Indian rupees. Suppose that ...
- Physical Education-Hockey - In what year and at which Olympic games did the ...
- social studies - what were the 3 main effects of the french and indian war
- social studies - what period of indian art do the walls of ajantacaue tell about...
- history-french and indian war - this is about the french and indian war it is a ...