Posted by Exchange Student on Sunday, January 31, 2010 at 7:30pm.
Hello! It didn't help to say that I am an exchange student and it is hard to do for me. No excuse! You have to do it though.
Can anybody help me to find euphemism for these phrases?
1. lying on a resume
2. cheating on a test
3. committing adultery
4. cheating the IRS
5. death penalty
6. failing to graduate from High School
7. flunking out of college
10. murder of one's sprouse or partner
Thank you, guys! I would really appreciate it because I have absolutely no idea!
- English 12 - Euphemism - Writeacher, Sunday, January 31, 2010 at 7:39pm
This is a rather interesting collection of quotations from some people (some well known, others not):
I found this by using Google and entering euphemism for lying. Change the search terms a bit for different possibilities.
Sometimes a good thesaurus will work, too:
- English 12 - Euphemism - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 31, 2010 at 7:44pm
1. Stretching the truth
2. Borrowing answers
4. Keeping what belongs to me
5. Capital punishment
6. Dropping out of high school
7. Pursued my own interests
8. Split up
10. mariticide, viricide, uxoricide
- English 12 - Euphemism - Carlos, Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 12:45pm
3. having a fling, or in the UK having a bit of slap and tickle
- English 12 - Euphemism - G, Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 1:17am
1. Pad a resume
9. Five-finger discount
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - When is the blessed event supposed to take place? Blessed event is ...
- English - Question 14 Have you booted the disk? The word booted is jargon sexist...
- English help - Please check my answers to see if these words math the sentence ...
- English - He flunked the chemistry test. Flunked is jargon sexist language ...
- english - i need to prepare a three-minute comment on use or abuse of language ...
- English - Question 16 The male nurse left the room. Male nurse is jargon sexist ...
- English - Question 15 When is the blessed event supposed to take place? Blessed ...
- WRITING AND COMMUNICATION - Another word for a verbal bromide is a A. conceit. B...
- English - Hello. I will really appreciate some help with grammar. Which is ...
- vocabulary - How do you parse these words? 1. Rendition 2. Ambiguous 3. ...