Posted by Alex on Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 1:49pm.
i need help with this problem x AND y ARE THE SAME IN BOTH PROBLEM????
- math - Damon, Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 4:05pm
7x+8y=25 times 5 is 35 x + 40 y = 125
9x+10y=35 times 4 is 36 x + 40 y = 140
-1 x + 0 = -15
x = 15
7(15) + 8 y = 25
105 + 8 y = 25
8 y = -80
y = -10
- math - Alex, Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 4:22pm
thanks but y\why did you multiply it by 4 and 5 at the begging
- math - Damon, Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 6:19pm
Because 40 is the least common multiple of 8 and 10
I could have used the first times 9 and the second times 7 and eliminated x.
- math - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 4:28am
What method is this (like is it elimination,substiution)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra PLZ HELP!!! - y= 9/11x-17 9x-10y=179 You need to use parentheses to tell...
- math help - 5x+10y +15z-15x+10y-5z+5x-10y-5z / (5x+10y+15z)-(15x+10y-5z)+(5x-10y...
- algebra - Did I do this problem right? (2y+5w+6)(5y+5w-4) 2y(5y)+ 2y(5w) + 2y(-4...
- math,help - can someone help me with this i am lost now i've been doing math for...
- math - how do u solve this problem -2x+7y=6 2x+10y=-6
- Basic Math - I need help adding fractions with different denominators. Here is ...
- math - What strategy did you use in solving this problem? 22. Suppose that you ...
- English - 1. I couldn't do the shopping by myself. 2. I couldn't enjoy shopping ...
- Algenra - How do I work this problem, it is not a homework problem but a problem...
- Algebra - How do I work this problem, it is not a homework problem but a problem...