Posted by Jim_R on Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 12:53pm.
how many grams of NAOH are needed to make a 2.00 molal solution?
I got stuck here
2.00 molal=2.00 mole/kg
molecular weight of NAOH= 40g/mol
(2.00 g/molecular weight x kg) x 40 g/mol= stuck
- chemistry - bobpursley, Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 1:17pm
You cant answer the question without knowing the amount of the 2m solution you need.
- chemistry - DrBo222, Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 1:18pm
Doesn't it depend upon the amount of water you intend to use or the amount of solution one needs? (It does.)
So molal = # moles/kg solvent.
If you want 1 kg solvent, one needs 2.00 moles and that is 40.0 g. So 40.0 g NaOH/1.00 kg water makes a 2.00 m solution.
- chemistry - Jim_R, Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 7:51pm
damn i never thought of kg of solution. your so smart.
2.00mol x 40 g/m= 80grams dissolved in water. so 80 grams of solute and 1000 water.
Chemistry doesnt make sense too me sometimes. Im use to thinking water =ml. But kg can be a solution too if you weigh it on an analytical balance.
Can help me learn to volumetric pipette. I can\t seem to control the water with my finger. It always goes over line. Very fustrating to start over and over.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chem - How many grams of NaOH must be dissolved in water to make 750ml of 1.7 M...
- Inorganic chemistry - mol KHP = (0.7719g)(1 mol KHP/204.2g) = .0038mol Where are...
- Chemistry - For a chemistry lab the experiment was to carry out an acid-base ...
- Chemistry - what is the molecular weight (G/mol) of a diprotic acid 0.43 sample ...
- chemistry - 530 mL solution 10% HCl has been spilt onto the bench. It cannot be ...
- CHEMISTRY FOR DR. BOB or anyone else - A hypothetical weak acid HA, was combined...
- CHemistry - im not sure how u solve these types of problems... How many moles of...
- Chemistry - Let's do 1 and 2 and go from there. I will get you started. Take a ...
- Chemistry - I there, this is my lab worksheet, I am having trouble filling it ...
- chemistry - If the molecular weight of a protein is given as 90,000 are the ...