Posted by Krissy on Friday, January 29, 2010 at 5:33pm.
mix 120ml of 0.320M silver nitrate with 40ml of 0.320M potasium chromate. What mass of silver chromate is produced?
this is what i have so far
2AgNO3 + K2CrO4 --> Ag2CrO4 + 2KNO3
molar mass of 2agno3 = 277.81
molar mass of k2cro4 = 194.2
molar mass of ag2cro4 = 331.8
2agno3 .120*.320= .0384
k2cro4 .040*.320= .0128
limiting reactant would be k2cro4?
what are my next steps?
would it be .0128*331.8 = 4.25 ?
i am so lost!
chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, January 29, 2010 at 5:40pm
I answered your original post in detail. I didn't understand most of what you posted as your response to your first post but this one looks ok. You can go back there to compare if you wish. Where are you so lost? This looks ok to me. The only problem I see, if you were working this for me on an exam, is that you didn't show why K2CrO4 is the limiting reagent.
chemistry - Krissy, Friday, January 29, 2010 at 5:44pm
lol to be honest I have no idea why it is the limiting reactant.
Thank you so much for posting it helped a great deal when compared to the previous one.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - mix 120ml of 0.320M silver nitrate with 40ml of 0.320M potasium ...
- chemistry - I have 3 questions I need help with 1. mix 120ml of 0.320M silver ...
- Chemistry - Silver chromate may be prepared by the following reaction. 2 AgNO3(...
- Chemistry - Insoluble silver carbonate, Ag2CO3(s), forms in the following ...
- chemistry - A chemist performed an experiment in which silver nitrate was used ...
- Chemistry - Silver chromate is sparingly soluble in aqueous solutions. The Ksp ...
- Chemistry - A technician mixes a solution containing silver nitrate with a ...
- chemistry - Hi, I was hoping someone could double check a chemistry answer for ...
- chemistry - Silver chromate is sparingly soluble in aqueous solutions. The Ksp ...
- Chemistry - In a titration for the determination of the chloride ion, a solution...