Posted by Pamela on Friday, January 29, 2010 at 2:33pm.
What are some ways that language can be used to perform the act of giving someone a warning?
Language Studies - Ms. Sue, Friday, January 29, 2010 at 2:35pm
Don't do that -- or else!
There's a bear over there!
Language Studies - Pamela, Friday, January 29, 2010 at 2:48pm
I suppose these work. I think I am putting more thought than necessary into this question. Thanks for your insight!
Language Studies - Ms. Sue, Friday, January 29, 2010 at 2:50pm
You're welcome. Most warnings are expressed in very few words.
Storm warning! Take cover!
Language Studies - Writeacher, Friday, January 29, 2010 at 2:52pm
I used to say to my own children and still say to my grandchildren, "STOP!"
That one word makes them stop and turn and look at me -- and then I can explain myself. I found out that with young children, if they're walking (or running!) into danger, first you have to stop them; then you can explain.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- communications - This is homework for communications class, and I'm not sure ...
- Education - Writing process teaching strategies used with first language ...
- english..... please help me again. - please help me on my exam. to make good ...
- english..pls. ms. sue help me - please help me on my exam. to make good answer ...
- Language Studies - Can body language impair a speaker’s language performance?
- Language Arts - Need some help on the 2 sentences below. 1. Are you tired of ...
- Communication Language Studies - Most modern style manuals endorse the ...
- Communication Language Studies - How might the language development of a child ...
- english - where can i find a translation to another language or help to do a ...
- Computer Science - Define a language that is not a regular language using a ...