Posted by English helper on Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 5:41pm.
Draw one line under each action verb and 2 lines under each linking verb. Sentences with linking verbs, circle the word and the predicate that renames or describes the subject. Write noun pronoun for adjectives in the blank to describe the word. In sentences with action verb, circle the direct object if there is one.
1. The old woman's eyes sparkled when she recalled her husband.
2. Her voice grew stronger.
3. Her husband disapproved of the smart young women.
4. For Dona Carmen, the children of the town were the future.
5. She won the election for mayor three times.
- English Gr.5 - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 5:46pm
Please post your answers in the same way. We'll be glad to check them.
- English Gr.5 - Writeacher, Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 5:46pm
Please understand that no one here will do your work for you. However, we will be happy to read over whatever you come up with and make suggestions and/or corrections.
Please post what you think.
- English Gr.5 - English helper, Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 5:57pm
um.. I wasn't getting my work done from you. I already have the answers i was just checking to see if they were correct. Therefore I put up the question. I did not mean to offend anybody. I just didn't post up my answers...
Here the answers I have got till now
1. Linking verb
-sparkled and recalled
2. Linking verb and Action Verb
3. Linking Verb
4. Linking verb and Action verb
5. Linking verb
- English Gr.5 - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 6:08pm
1. When is not a verb.
2. Grew is a linking verb in this sentence. There is no direct object. Voice is the subject. What is the predicate adjective?
3. Of is not a verb; it's a preposition.
4. Were is a linking verb. It doesn't have a direct object. Children is the object. What is the predicate noun?
5. For is a preposition, not a linking verb.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Okay got that one.. What about The cab driver was driving extremely ...
- english - which sentence contains a predicate noun? Hoover will lead the group ...
- la need help - 1. When you summarize an informational article, you should (1 ...
- English - in this sentence, what is the verb and label it linking or adjective: ...
- english - i need 20 nominative sentences now If i'm correct which i'm not 100% ...
- Just some LA q's, Ms.Sue please - 1. When you summarize an informational article...
- Language - Identify the verbs and verb phrases in the following sentences. Then...
- Language Arts - Grammar - please check answers - Identify the linking verb and ...
- language arts - what follows a linking or action verd After a linking verb, ...
- 6th grade grammar - Can you check these sentences? Identify whether each ...