Posted by Bryian on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 7:37pm.
Please help me with these three questions,they deal with coefficient of friction
1) A car rounds a turn of radius 25m at a speed of 20m/s. Find the coefficient of friction neccessary to keep the car on the road
2) A man is attempting to slide a piece of furniture weighing 750N long a floor. Ifhe exerts a force of 75N along a rope and angle of 35 degrees and the object does not move, what is the minimum value for te coeficient of friction?
3) Consider a block on a plane inclined at an angle of 30 degres. If the block weights 950N, what coefficient of friction is neccessary to hold it stationary?
Physics - bobpursley, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 8:00pm
1) set mv^2/r= mu*mg
solve for mu
2) the vertical component of tension reduces weight.
set them equal, solve for mu.
3) I will be happy to critiqeu your thinking.
Physics - Bryian, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 8:05pm
thanks for your time and help, but I do not know what mu stands for
Physics - bobpursley, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 8:07pm
mu: coefficent of friction.
Physics - bryian, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 8:18pm
I got 13 for number 1, am I wrong?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - Please help me with these three questions. They deal with coefficient ...
- Physics - Please help me with these three questions,they deal with coefficient ...
- Physics, help me please?! - A car travels around a circular turn of radius 50 ...
- PHYSICS? - 1300 kg car rounds a banked curve of radius= 50m. If car traveling at...
- physics - What is the maximum speed that the car can turn in a curve of radius ...
- science check my answers? - A car travels around a circular turn of radius 50 ...
- Physics - A car whose speed is 90.0 km/h (25 m/s) rounds a curve 180 m in radius...
- Physics - A 1180 kg car rounds a circular turn of radius 19.1 m. If the road is ...
- Physics - A 2050 kg car rounds a circular turn of radius 18.5 m. If the road is ...
- Physics - A car has a mass of 2500 kg rounds a circular turn with a radius of 50...