Posted by Chelsea on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 3:14pm.
For whatever reason I'm drawing a huge blank on this problem.
Shane returned from a trip to Las Vegas with $300.00, which was 50% more money than he had at the beginning of the trip. How much money did Shane have at the beginning of his trip?
- Algebra - Damon, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 3:17pm
x = beginning amount
300 = 1.5 x
- Algebra - Damon, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 3:18pm
because 50% more = 100% + 50% which is 1.5
- Algebra - Chelsea, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 4:12pm
- Algebra - sanjida, Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 12:36pm
- Algebra - Asia, Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 3:36pm
Put x over one and find the common denominator so that it can be added with x over 2. The common demoninator would be two. The new equation will be 2x/2+x/2=300.
Combine like terms so that the equation is 3x/2=300
then cross multiply. The equation will now be 600/3=300x/1
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - What is the most likely reason Shane felt "neglected"? a. his parents ...
- Spanish 2 Help! - Fill in the blamks with the appropriate pronoun and conjugated...
- math - I am having trouble solving this problem. In 1994, the population of the...
- math - Shane is 34 years younger than Leah. 8 years ago, Leah's age was 2 times ...
- English 8R - Project help!!! - Is there any pictures of Las Vegas back in 2006 (...
- math word problem - lexi and maria had $250.oo altogether. After lexi spent 2/5 ...
- Algebra 2 - Introduction to quadratic equations? If you solve the equation by ...
- math - Francesca had spent 1/2 of her money in shop A and 3/4 of what she had ...
- Math - Can you help me with this problem? At the beginning of January, Lisa had ...
- U.S. history - Is Las Vegas the gambling capital of the US?