Posted by Chelsea on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 3:14pm.
For whatever reason I'm drawing a huge blank on this problem.
Shane returned from a trip to Las Vegas with $300.00, which was 50% more money than he had at the beginning of the trip. How much money did Shane have at the beginning of his trip?
Algebra - Damon, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 3:17pm
x = beginning amount
300 = 1.5 x
Algebra - Damon, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 3:18pm
because 50% more = 100% + 50% which is 1.5
Algebra - Chelsea, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 4:12pm
Algebra - sanjida, Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 12:36pm
Algebra - Asia, Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 3:36pm
Put x over one and find the common denominator so that it can be added with x over 2. The common demoninator would be two. The new equation will be 2x/2+x/2=300.
Combine like terms so that the equation is 3x/2=300
then cross multiply. The equation will now be 600/3=300x/1
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - During a trip, Sally spent 1/4 of her money on some clothes. She also ...
- Algebra 2 - As a graduation present, you want to gift your son a trip to Disney ...
- English - What is the most likely reason Shane felt "neglected"? a. his parents ...
- Math - Rhonda has 18 weeks to save $489 for her ticket to Alaska. If she saves $...
- math - on a trip to the mall amber spent half her money on clothes and one ...
- math word problem - lexi and maria had $250.oo altogether. After lexi spent 2/5 ...
- math - Francesca had spent 1/2 of her money in shop A and 3/4 of what she had ...
- Algebra - Sara has twice as much money as Miguel. If she had $6 more. She would ...
- algebra - How do I do this problem: Chelsea sold baked goods to raise money for ...
- Maths - Grace spent 1/8of her money on popcorn and 1/4 of her money on a drink. ...