Posted by Marie on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 12:36pm.
1)in part two of the "highwayman" , why is the fact that the highwayman didn't come stressed three times? 2) From whose point of view are we seeing it? 3) Why is the word "marching" repeated?
can you help me answer this question please ?
1 -because he knews ttat Bess will be there waiting for him
2- point of view is 3 person
3-the word marching is repeated to tell us about the steps of soldiers are coming
english/ poem - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 12:48pm
1. It seems to me that the fact that the highwayman didn't come is ominous and implies that he's in trouble.
I agree with your other answers.
English/ poem - Writeacher, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 12:53pm
Scroll down and read about REPETITION and why it's often used.
Read about point of view.
#3 - I think you're right.
The highwayman - Alfy, Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 2:20pm
I do not agree with your second answer
Because it doesn't make sence
"Point of view three person"
english/ poem - Boikanyego, Monday, February 6, 2017 at 11:29pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english/ poem - in part two of the "highwayman" , why is the fact that the ...
- poetry - in part two of the "highwayman" , why is the fact that the highwayman ...
- poetry - what are four items is the highwayman wearing in the poem the ...
- poetry/Ms Sue - The suspense that occurs in the highwayman When the soldier come...
- poetry - question: How do the poetic elements increase my appreciation of the ...
- language arts - What are stressed and unstressed syllables? ie, where is the ...
- L.A. homework - I need help with rewriting the final stanza (before the italized...
- poetry - Can you tell me where does suspense occur and why ? In The "cremation ...
- literacy - 1Who narrates these poems? The Highwayman answer Robert W.service 2-...
- English-Friendship Poem - I've read through this friendship poem, and now I need...