posted by Franco on .
Can someone help me find the mistakes in the following sentences?
The sentences are short but I want to be sure about the correct use of the prepositions.
1. I went skiing with my dad to St Moritz (OR in St Moritz)
2. At Christmas (or On Christmas Day) I ate a lot of sweets
3. I chatted with my friends ON my computer
4. I helped my mum with the housework, for example (?) I cleaned the table and I tidied my bedroom.
5. I played songs with my guitar, which I found ON the web (?)
6. I helped my grandparents with the animals (OR I helped look after my grandparents’ animals?)
7. My Christmas holidays are just finished (OR have just finished)
8. They lasted a week but I feel they flew (??) OR they have just flown by
9. I also spent two days in the mountains with some of my friends (or some friends of mine??)
10. I like the snow very much and I enjoyed skiing a lot (?) and throwing snowballs
11. On Christmas Eve I went to a church to see one of my friends who acted in a performance and after that I stayed for the midnight mass (OR I attended the midnight mass)
12. After the mass I went back home and I exchanged presents with my friends.
13. The most exciting moment was the Christmas Day when I got up early to unwrap the presents that were under the Christmas tree.
14. During my holiday (or holidays?) I went to… I returned home for Christmas, because I wanted to spend it with my family.
15. I spent New Year’s Day with my friends at Paul’s home (OR house?)
16. My holiday finished on……(holiday or holidays?)
17. My uncle prepared a good fish (can you say that?)
18. We exploded or we burst a lot of crackers (?)
19. In the evening I watched TV up to late (or TILL late?) Can you say I usually stayed up late watching TV.
20. I made a lot of Christmas presents but I received a lot , too.
21. On my Christmas holidays (or During ….) I got up late.
Please go over these aloud, and then post the ten (no more than ten) that you absolutely have no clue about.
7. have just
8. have just flown
13. Christmas Day = drop "the"
14. holidays is a bit better
19. till late or the last