Posted by Sibel on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 8:19pm.
how many mm=1ft
how many cm=1yd
304.8 cm=how many ft
how many cm in 1 in?
- Math (6th grade) - bobpursley, Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 8:29pm
check your answers here:
- Math (6th grade) - DrBob222, Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 8:33pm
The easy way to do this is to see that the units cancel and how to use conversion factors. I have memorized a fw conversions. For example,
2.54 cm = 1 inch
I know 12 inches = 1 ft.
I know 3 feet = 1 yard. Here how to do the ?mm = 1 ft.
We know 2.54 cm = 1 inch
We know 12 inches = 1 ft.
We know 10 mm = 1 cm.
Start with what we have. We have 1 ft.
We want to go to mm.
1 ft x (factor to inches) x (factor to cm) x (factor to mm) = ??
Now all we need to do is substitute for the factors. When we do this, we note how to place the factor; we always do it so the unit we don't want cancels and the unit we want to keep doesn't cancel). Here is how it works.
1 ft x (12 inches/1 ft)----Note that the unit ft cancels and the first factor has converted ft to inches. We just keep the process going. Th final string looks like this.
1 ft x (12 in/1 ft) x (2.54 cm/1 inch) x (10 mm/cm) = ?? mm.
Answer this Question
- math - How do I convert 4 inches into yards? 4inches (1yards/36inches) = 4/36 ...
- Math - Some of these conversions have an error. If there is an error, explain ...
- 6th grade Reading - Worksheet for An Ant's Life and The Best School Year Ever ...
- Math 6th grade - Does any one know a really good websites for 6th grade math ? I...
- math - I have 20 pieces of sod that are 1ft X 2ft and 20 pieces of sod that are ...
- 6th grade math - I need help explaining ratios and proportions to my 6th grader
- math - the chess club has 55 members 22 of them are in 6th grade what percent of...
- 6th Grade Math - I really don't know what to do on this question. If someone ...
- Math Grade 3 - Write a subtraction problem involving regrouping that has ted ...
- 6th grade math - Yes I am not smarter than a 6th grader. How do I show the math ...