Posted by mysterychicken on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 4:39pm.
Need help with this:
'Social bees survive by collecting nectar or pollen from flowers, pollinating the flower in the process. They must keep their hives at a constant temperature, moisture, and oxygen content for their larvae to develop. One way they do this is by beating their wings to circulate air. Using this information, discuss 5 of the 7 major themes in biology as they relate to this example.'
I know that the 7 themes of biology are:
-Cellular structure and function
The only two that I can think of that relate to this is metabolism and interpendence. can someone please give me 5 other ones that might relate to this example and tell me how?
- Biology--Urgent - bobpursley, Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 4:51pm
Dont cell changes in the larvae/eggs require a specific temp?
How would the bees reproduce if this process were not maintained. Think about this. In freezing cold, when large amounts of heat cannot be maintained, the bees have very few larvae in process.
Heredity determines that this process continues...the bees dont learn it.
Evolution: is this process in harmony with the seasons (temp, nectar availiabilty, pollen avail? is it any wonder that bees reproduce when the spring flowers just open.
Evolution: bees and flowers have formed a symbosis over time, each developing specific part/roles which assist each other.
Interdependence; all above.
- Biology--Urgent - mysterychicken, Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 4:58pm
I don't quite understand...can you please explain further?
- Biology--Urgent - mysterychicken, Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 5:20pm
Nevermind, I get it
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - (Bees collecting pollen and nectar - Optimization) Many bees collect ...
- biology help please - this is the question my answer is below can someone make ...
- biology edit please - this is the question my answer is below can someone make ...
- biology please help - Hummingbirds are bigger than bees, so they need more ...
- plants - there are mechanisms that prevent pollination of one plant species by ...
- Biology - Pollen transport in flowers Pollination is the transfer of pollen ...
- science-VERY URGENT - I think it's A or C, but I need to know because it's due ...
- English - Their Eyes Were Wtaching God By:Nora Zeal Hurston. "to be a pear tree...
- Bio - 1. Why do plants provide bees, hummingbirds, butterflies, and other ...
- Biology (urgent) - Sexual reproduction in trees. How does pollen transport in ...