Posted by BRENDON on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 4:16pm.
24 1c coins are set out in a row on a table. Then
every 2nd coin is replaced by a 2c coin
every 3rd coin is replaced by a 5c coin
every 4th coin is replaced by a 10c coin
every 5th coin is replaced by a 20c coin
every 6th coin is replaced by a 50c coin
every 7th coin is replaced by a $1 coin
After all the exchanges have been carried out, what is the total amount left on the table?
Please help, the answer suppose to be $6.30 but I got $7.04?
- MATH - bobpursley, Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 4:30pm
In the end, you have the following values:
the remaining all are .01
I count 16 above out of 24 coins, or .01*8
check my thinking.
- MATH - mariela, Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 4:31pm
you are wrong it is 6.30 that's what i got
- MATH - BRENDON, Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 5:02pm
Hi Mariela, could you please tell me how you got $6.30. Explanation above still added over $6.30, I'm confused.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATHS - 24 1c coins are set out in a row on a table Then every 2nd coin is ...
- math - Eight pennies are placed in a row on a tabletop. Every other coin is then...
- math - Six hundred pennies are placed in a row. If every other penny is replaced...
- Algebra 2 - You have 10 coins..3 quarters,5 dimes, and 2 nickels. a. A coin is ...
- physics - Ten ,one rupees coin are put on the top of at each other on a table ...
- physics - Ten , one rupees coin are put on the top at of each other on a table. ...
- math - HELP HELP I need to work this questions. Six hundred pennies are placed ...
- MATH - A BAG CONTAINS COIN OF RS.5&RS.2. THE TOTAL VALUE OF THESE COIN IS 1272....
- Math - I have 3 nickels, 1 quarter, and 1 penny in my pocket. If I pick out a ...
- math - Gary has 10 coins in his pocket. 2 quarters 5 dimes 3 nickels without ...