Posted by bubble on Monday, January 25, 2010 at 11:01pm.
1.Vapor pressure is the pressure exerted by a vapor when condensation
evaporation over its liquid in a closed system.
2.Evaporation is an
process, because when a substance evaporates it must
energy to(from) its surroundings.
- chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, January 25, 2010 at 11:27pm
Here is the answer to #1.
For #2, can't you reason through this? What must you do to a pot of water to make it evaporate. Do you heat it or cool it? Does that mean it is endothermic or exothermic? Endothermic means it is absorbing heat. Exothermic means it is releasing heat.
- chemistry - Alex Le, Sunday, January 31, 2010 at 2:03am
1 is equal bc of equilibrium
2 is endothermic bc of absorbing heat
3 is absorb....bc it is endothermic
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- vapor pressure - Vapor pressure is the pressure exerted by a vapor when ...
- CHEM - Vapor pressure is the pressure exerted by a vapor when condensation: A. &...
- CHEM - Evaporation is an A.endothermic B.exothermic process, because when a ...
- science - chemistry - Some heat is supplied to a mixture of ice and liquid water...
- Chemistry - When normal atmospheric conditions are present, water is constantly ...
- chemistry - If the vapor pressure of phosphorous trichloride gas above the ...
- Chemistry - Science (Dr. Bob222) - Liquid chloroform (CHCl3) is placed in a ...
- Chemistry - Think about this. Then let us know what you think and why! The ...
- Chemistry! - Liquid A has vapor pressure X, and liquid B has vapor pressure Y. ...
- Chemistry help - The vapor pressure of an organic solvent is 50 mm Hg at 25°C ...