Posted by bubble on Monday, January 25, 2010 at 10:49pm.
can you check my answers(has star next to it)
1. Absolute zero is when T = 0 K.
2. Molecular motion is neglibible at absolute zero.
3. Absolute zero is the temperature when P = 0.
4. Absolute zero is when T = 0C
5. When pressure is plotted on the x-axis and Celsius temperature is on the y-axis, the y-intercept is absolute zero .
- chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, January 25, 2010 at 11:23pm
I would think about the answers to 3 and 5. The question doesn't say that the gas is an ideal gas or not so I'm a little confused about some of the implications because of that. I think your answers to questions 1, 2, and 4 are fine.
For 3, although the pressure of an ideal gas is zero at absolute zero, that is NOT the definition of absolute zero. Perhaps this is a nit-picky point. The question appears to be defining absolute zero as the point when P = 0.
For #5, if we plot T vs P for an ideal gas, won't the extrapolated line go through zero?
Perhaps this is not an ideal gas. For a real gas, the y-intercept might be the VOLUME of the gas at absolute zero,
Check my thinking.
- chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 2:54pm
Scratch that last sentence. Volume isn't even in the P vs T question.
- chemistry - pardeep, Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 3:18am
state charle s law
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - 1. A gas initially at 10 C must be changed to _____ C to triple the ...
- Science - Hi. Could you Please check my answers? I just want to make sure they ...
- science. mrs.sue please help - 14. the sun's layer is called the photosphere...
- chemistry - In the chemical plating experiment zinc powder is dissolved in a ...
- Fitness (Check answers) - 6) Gang member often have weapons and are involved in ...
- Science - 1. Scientists are not concerned with the human impact on the ...
- 7th grade health true or false - 11. Disagreements are a normal part of life. (1...
- Chemistry: Answers please check - 1. The kinetic-molecular theory states that ...
- Chemistry: Answer check please! - 1. Reactions follow the law of conservation of...
- Please check my answers - Patient motion may create artifact that looks like an...