Posted by Lea on Monday, January 25, 2010 at 10:32pm.
a photo 5 inches wide and 7 inches long is enlarged. The sides of the new photo are in proportion to the original. The new photo is 14 inches wide. how do i find the length
math - Ed, Monday, January 25, 2010 at 10:40pm
us proportions, then cross multiply:
5/7 = 14/x
5*x = 7*14
5x = 98
5x/5 = 98/5
x = 19.6 inches in length
math - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 25, 2010 at 10:40pm
This is a good problem for a proportion. Let x equal the new length.
5/14 = 7/x
5x = 98
x = 19.6
math - ron, Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 9:16pm
math - ron, Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 9:17pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - You want to get a photo enlarged. The original was 3 inches wide and 5 ...
- Pre algebra - mr.smith needs a photo measuring 4 inches wide and 6 inches long ...
- Math - Hendrick want to enlarge a photo that is 4 inches wide and 6 inches tall ...
- alegebra - Mr. Baker wants to enlarge a photo that is 5 by 7 inches so that the ...
- math - a 3'' times 5'' photo is enlarged so that the length of the new photo is ...
- math - Bob enlarged the size of a photo to a width of 18 inches. What is the new...
- Math - A photo width is 2 in. more than it's length. A borderof 1 in is placed ...
- math please help asap - a photo is 4 inches wide it is placed inside a frame ...
- Math - A photo is 4 inches wide. It is placed inside a frame with a border that ...
- Math - The area of a rectangular photo is 35 square inches. If the width of the ...