Posted by MEL on Monday, January 25, 2010 at 5:43pm.
Tara says that 1/2 of a salad is always the same amount. Lynn says that it could be different amounts, depending on how large the salad is. Who is correct? Why?
MATH - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 25, 2010 at 5:45pm
What do you think?
MATH - mb, Monday, January 25, 2010 at 5:50pm
lynn is correct... Use logic.....For example use number 10 and 20..... 1/2 of 10= 5 1/2 of 20 =10.....You take 1/2 of each number but rsult is not the same
MATH - Gillian, Monday, February 8, 2010 at 4:53pm
Well technically both girls are right
Lynn is right when it comes to portions sizes of different halves. But Tara is right when it comes to just half because a half is a half no matter what.
MATH - YURI, Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 7:07pm
LYNN IS RIGHT.
MATH - Student of a teacher, Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 8:48pm
dont answer this because this question is in a mathbook
MATH - lil, Monday, January 27, 2014 at 7:08pm
lynn is right
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - REASONING Tara says that 1/2 of a salad is always the same amount. Lynn ...
- 4th grade math - REASONING Tara says that 1/2 of a salad is always the same ...
- Math - josh says that 2/3 is always the same as 4/6. Meghan says that 2/3 and 4/...
- Finite Math - At Sally's Salads, there is an all you can eat salad bar. You may ...
- Finite MAth - Assume that you have 6 different types of vegetables and 9 ...
- science - is salad dressing homogenous or hetrogenous ( the question says salad ...
- Vitamins - Vitamins that may cause toxicity if ingested in too large amounts are...
- science - is salad dressing - homogenous or heterogenous if it is homogenous is ...
- Music Appreciation - The styles of singing in Wagner and Verdi operas differ. ...
- Social Studies (History) - Why was the United States a "salad bowl" rather than ...