Posted by bf on Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 10:41pm.
A 1.10- sample contains only glucose and sucrose . When the sample is dissolved in water to a total solution volume of 25.0 , the osmotic pressure of the solution is 3.78 at 298 .
- chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 10:58pm
A volume of 25.0 what? 3.78 what? 298 what? And what is the question?
- chemistry - bf, Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 11:01pm
A 1.10g- sample contains only glucose and sucrose . When the sample is dissolved in water to a total solution volume of 25.0ML , the osmotic pressure of the solution is 3.78atm at 298K
a.What is the percent by mass of glucose in the sample?
b.What is the percent by mass of sucrose in the sample?
- chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 11:15pm
I would do this but you must do the work. You must solve two simultaneous equation unless I've missed the boat.
Let X = grams glucose
and Y = grams sucrose.
pi = osmotic pressure = MRT
You know pi, R, and T, solve for M
Molarity = moles x L
You know L, solve for moles.
Here are the two equations.
X + Y = 1.10
(X/molar mass glucose) + (Y/molar mass sucrose) = moles.
Solve for X and Y, then you can determine percent of each.
Post your work if you get stuck.
- chemistry - joe, Sunday, February 14, 2010 at 8:01pm
- chemistry - tine, Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 12:26pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - A 1.10g- sample contains only glucose and sucrose . When the sample ...
- college chem - A 1.10g- sample contains only glucose and sucrose . When the ...
- chemistry - A sample containing 0.0500mol of Fe2(SO4)3 is dissolved in enough ...
- Chemistry - A 5.00-gram sample of glucose, C6H12O6, [molar mass = 180.] is ...
- Chemistry - What mass of sucrose (C12H22O11) would you combine with 5.28 102 g ...
- chemistry - Two solutions are prepared. In Solution A, 5.0 g of a substance of ...
- college chemistry - A) In some regions of the southwest United States, the water...
- Chemistry - A sample of solid Ca(OH)2 is stirred in water at 30°C until the ...
- Chemistry - Which of the solutions has the greatest osmotic pressure? Choose one...
- chemistry - 1. If a gaseous sample contains 73% N2 by volume, what is the ...