Posted by Sam on Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 2:07pm.
1. A girl on a playground swing makes a complete to-and-fro swing each 2 seconds. The frequency of swing is
1. (0.5 hertz)
2. (1hertz) (ANSWER)
3. (2 hertz)
And the period is (FROM THE QUESTION BEFORE)
1. (0.5 seconds) (ANSWER)
2. (1 second)
3. (2 seconds)
2. The period of a 444-hertz sound wave is _____ second(s).
3. A marine weather station reports waves along the shore that are 8 seconds apart. The frequency of the waves is therefore _____ hertz.
4. The annoying sound from a mosquito occurs because it beats its wings at the average rate of 600 wingbeats per second.
( a.) What is the frequency of the soundwaves?
ANSWER: 600 vibrations per second.
( b.) What is the wavelength? (Assume the speed of sound is 340 m/s.)
ANSWER: 0.57 (rounded) meters
5. When an automobile moves towards a listener, the sound of its horn seems relatively _____
1. High pitched (ANSWER)
2. Low pitched
When moving away from the listener, its horn seems ______
1. High pitched
2. Low pitched (ANSWER)
6. The changed pitch of the Doppler Effect is due t changes in_______
1. Wave Speed
2. Wave Frequency (ANSWER)
Thanks so much for the help!!
Answer this Question
- Science - 1. A girl on a playground swing makes a complete to-and-fro swing each...
- Physics - 1) A child on a playground swing makes a complete to-and-fro swing ...
- physics - A child swings on a playground swing. How many times does the child ...
- algebra - Time to swing. The period T (time in seconds for one complete cycle) ...
- Physics - Calculate the period of the wave if it makes 10 vibrations in 2 ...
- Physics Pendulum - 1. Many pendulums used in clocks are made of a thin metal ...
- Physics - A 21-kg child swings on a playground swing 3.4 m long. What is the ...
- physics - A young girl is on a swing that completes 20.0 cycles in 25 seconds. ...
- Pre Calc - simon goes to the playground to play on the swings. The length of ...
- Physics - A baby turtle swings on a playground swing. If his turtle mom comes ...