Posted by Sam on Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 2:06pm.
Vibration and Wave Fundamentals
1. A machine gun fires 10 rounds per second. The speed of the bullets is 300 m/s.
(A.) What is the distance in the air between the flying bullets? ____
(B.)What happens to the distance between the bullets if the rate of fire is increased? ______
2. Consider a wave generator that produces 10 pulses per second. The speed of the waves is 300 cm/s.
(A.) What is the wavelength of the waves? ______
(B.) What happens to the wavelength if the frequency of pulses is increased? ______
3. (A.) A bird is watching waves. If the portion of a wave between 2 crests passes the pole each second, what is the speed of the wave? (1 m between crests)____
(B.) What is its period? ____
4. (A.) If the distance between crests in the above question were 1.5 meters apart, and 2 crests pass the pole each second, what would be the speed of the wave?_________
(B.) What would be its period? ______
Thanks so much for the help!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - Vibration and Wave Fundamentals 1. A machine gun fires 10 rounds per ...
- science-physics - A machine gun of mass 10 kg fires 20g bullets at the rate of ...
- dav science - a machine gun fires 25 g bullets at the rate of 600 bullets per ...
- Physics - A gatling gun fires at a rate of 2000 rounds per minute. If the ...
- physics - A machine gun fires 20 bullets per second in to a target. Each bullet ...
- physics - a machine gun fires 10 bullets persecond into a target. each bullet ...
- Intergarted Science - I had a couple of questions on the topic of Waves-Sound ...
- Waves-Science - I had a couple of questions on the topic of Waves-Sound and ...
- science - Plane sound wave of frequency 500 Hz fall normally on a smooth wall.At...
- Precalc/Trig - wave is modeled by the function ... h(t) = 3cos(p/10)*t What is ...