Posted by samir on Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 4:33pm.
pete and john play a game of tug f war on a frictionless icy curface. pete weighs 539 N and john weights 392 N. during the course of the game, john accelerates toward pete at a rate of 3 m/s^2
a)what's the magnitude of the force that peter exerts on john?
b)what's the magnitude of pete's acceleration toward john?
I am not sure what formula to use, pleaase help!
PHYSICS - drwls, Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 5:34pm
The center of mass will remain in the same place in this frictionless situation
a) Use F = ma
Solve for the F
b) Also use F = ma on Pete, with the same F, and solve for a(of Pete).
The F will be the same on both, but in opposite directions.
PHYSICS - wendy, Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 8:39pm
While John is traveling along an interstate
highway, he notices a 160 mi marker as he
passes through town. Later John passes a
108 mi marker.
What is the distance between town and
John’s current location?
Answer in units of mi
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ATTN: DRWLS RE: PHYSICS - pete and john play a game of tug f war on a ...
- PHYSICS - please check my work - pete and john play a game of tug war on a ...
- PHYSICS - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CHECK THE LAST PART OF THIS QUESTION? pete and john...
- PHYSICS - ANOTHER QUICKQUESTION ABOUT THIS ONE, PLEASE HELP pete and john play a...
- Word Problem - A quarterback and end play on their team. From the start of a ...
- Stats - Mark and job are basketball players and will play a game. In the game, ...
- Statistics - Mark and job are basketball players and will play a game. In the ...
- Math - Pete and jan compete as a team in a biathlon. Pete runs at a speed of 9 ...
- math - equation pete and tom sold 41cds and tom sold 9more,.how many did pete ...
- Business Finance - Pete's Warehouse has a market value of $5,000,000. The ...