Posted by Mota on Friday, January 22, 2010 at 7:49am.
find the exact values when :
x^2+2x >= 5
- math - bobpursley, Friday, January 22, 2010 at 8:57am
Well, the issue is what are the factors on the left.
Using the quadratic equation
x=(-2+- sqrt (4+4*5))/2=-1+-sqrt6
Well, for the left side to be > 0, both factors have to be positive or negative.
Take x=-100000. That works. So negative x have to be considered.
x+1-sqrt 6<0 And x+1+sqrt6<0
x<-1+sqrt6 AND x<=-1-sqrt6
Since it has to be AND
Now, when are both positive:
x+1-sqrt6>=0 AND x+1-sqrt6>=0
x>-1+sqrt6 AND x>-1+sqrt6
Since that is AND, then
So finally, the exact values are
Check my logic.
Answer this Question
- calculus - g(x)=(x^3)-(3x^2)+17 a)find and classify all critical points of g(x) ...
- MATH - 1.)Find the exact solution algebriacally, if possible: (PLEASE SHOW ALL ...
- Math - 1. Let (-7, 4) be a point on the terminal side of (theta). Find the exact...
- math - how do you do the steps for this problem find two exact values for sin(...
- Math/Trig - Find two exact values of sin(cosˉ¹ √5/6)
- Calc 1: Max/Min - Find values for a and b so the function f(x)= ax*e^bx has the ...
- Calculus - estimate the absolute maximum and minimum values of f if any, on the ...
- math - use exact values of the sin,cos and tan of (pi/3) and (pi/6)(which I ...
- trigonometry - im really stuck on these, can anyone help me and also explain how...
- Trigonometry - Find all solutions between 0 and 2pi. Round to two decimal places...