Posted by Tim on Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 7:22pm.
I don't understand what the function would be for the following function table:
When X is 1/Y=45
When X is 2/Y=40
When X is 3/Y=35
When X is 4/Y=30
When X is 5/Y=25
So what would the function be? I can't get it. Thanks
Math - Tim, Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 7:38pm
Yes..thanks. I did that, but now I'm stuck, for some reason, on how to write what the rule for the function would be.
The question asked:
A freezer's temperature is decreasing at a rate of 5 degrees per hour. When the temperature was first measured, it was 50 degrees.
Make a T chart to show the x/y values for all hours shown. (which I did). Then write a linear function that describes the relationship between the temp. and the time. That's the part I'm stuck on. Can you help me with this part?
Math - Andy, Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 7:57pm
try doing the rest
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math I need help ASAP! - 1) Identify the function rule shown in the table. ...
- Math - How would you rewrite the equation y = 3x+1 as a function of x. Hmmm. It ...
- pre calc - The Identity Function The Squaring Function The Cubing Function The ...
- math - Derivatives are usually not taught in 5th grade. That is what your ...
- Algebra 1 - Which of the following statements is true about the function y = 5...
- Math (Limits) - Consider the following function. f(x) = 2x^2 − 8x Find the...
- Calculus, check my answers, please! - Could someone tell me if I'm right, and if...
- Graphing and Exponential Function - I really don't understand on graphing ...
- math help ! - 3. Which function rule would help you find the values in the table...
- Math Check Answers - Write a rule for the function represented by the table. x y...