Posted by mysterychicken on Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 1:52pm.
9. a molecule shaped like a spiral staircase (double helix) is a typical of
a. deoxyribonucleic acid
b. ribonucleic acid
d. both a and b
10. ATP is important to living organisms because it
a. stores hereditary information
b. stores energy from food to be used by cells
c. has two extra sugar groups
d. both b and c
11. Which of the following is true about the relationship between energy and chemical reactions?
a. For a chemical reaction to occur, energy must be taken in or given up
b. Energy input is required to carry out a chemical reaction
c. Chemical bonds are always broken by energy absorption in a chemical reaction
d. Energy-absorbing reactions don't occur in chemical reactions
I know it's not d but I'm not sure which one it is...
12. An enzyme
a. is not used up when catalyzing a reaction
b. lowers the activation energy of a reaction
c. bonds with a substrate molecule at the enzyme's active site
d. all of the aboce
13. High magnification and good resolution
a. are different names for the same thing
b. are both needed to make small objects easier to see
c. make the object itself larger
d. both a and b
14. Surface area is an important factor in limiting cell growth because
a. the cells may become too large to remove enough wastes
b. materials cannot enter the cell if it is too large
c. the cell can burst if the membrane becomes too large
d. waste products cannot leave the cell if it is too small
- Biology - bobpursley, Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 2:23pm
9. RNA is usually single stranded.
10. What extra sugar groups is in ATP?
11. c is the best answer,
14 Cells take in food, and excrete waste products. If cells are very large, waste materials in the center will never get to the outside to be transported out, and food intake, and the amount of food needed cannot be taken in.
- Biology - mysterychicken, Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 2:26pm
So, 10 is just B and 14 A?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Biology - 9. A molecule shaped like a spiral staircase (double helix) is a ...
- Biology - 9. a molecule shaped like a spiral staircase (double helix) is a ...
- Biology - why is there no production of ATP when detergent is treated in a test ...
- Physics - A molecule of DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) is 2.01 µm long. The ends of...
- physices - A molecule of DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) is 2.22 µm long. The ends ...
- Physics - A molecule of DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) is 2.03 µm long. The ends of...
- BIOO - why is there no production of ATP when detergent is treated in a test ...
- BIOO pleasee help u guys are angellss!!! - why is there no production of ATP ...
- biology - Before entering the Krebs cycle, an intermediate molecule bonds to a 2...
- English - I'd like you to check these sentences grammatically. I also would like...