Posted by Franco on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 1:08pm.
I would like to know which of the following spellings are correct:
two grapefruits or grapefruit
two kiwis or two kiwifruits
Is the plural of fruit and kaki possible?
On the basis of your last correction, can you check the rephrasing of this line "Misers, menials, priests alarming" (we alarmed those who were stingy, menial and the priests?) Can you also say: We alarmed the stingy, the menial and the priests (by plundering cities)
Thanks a lot.
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 2:18pm
two grapefruit (the word "fruit" does not have a separate form for plural)
two kiwifruit (same reason)
The word "menial" is almost always used as an adjective. Even though the dictionary lists it as both an adj and a n, I've never heard it used as a noun before.
So substitute "servant" or "slave" for it.
How will you rewrite that sentence?
- English - E.G., Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 3:06pm
In certain parts of Europe persimmons are called "kaki".
Answer this Question
- English - Can you please help me rephrase a poem by Whitman or at least check if...
- English - I forgot to include these sentences: 1) I use the Internet to be kept ...
- English - 1. Two rabbits and a gerbil (lives, live) in big cages in our ...
- math - A trucker hauls citrus fruit from Florida to Montreal. Each crate of ...
- english - What is the correct spellings of thes two words (a)cinical (b)circlist
- measurements - Which is the following is the best deal? A: six small grapefruits...
- algebra - supose you bought eight oranges and one grapefruit for a total of $4....
- English - 1. I like an apple. (one) 2. I like pears. (generic use) 3. I like a ...
- English - Just two more things. I can't find a proper verb to include in 1. 1) ...
- English - Question 9 How is an amount indicated for a noncount noun? add an -es ...