Posted by Franco on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 9:42am.
Can you please help me rephrase a poem by Whitman or at least check if my sentences are correct?
1)We were holding each other tightly without ever leaving each other (??)
2) We enjoyed going up and down, making excursions, being powerful (??)
3) We streched our elbows and held our fingers tightly because we didn't want to lose each other (or to part from each other)
4) We were armed and fearless, we didn't follow any laws (we disregarded or we were careless of the laws)
5) We sailed, soldiered (?), stole and threatened, plundered cities
6) "Misers, menials, priests alarming" (??) We alarmed or frightened those who were stingy, menials(?) and the priests
7) We plundered cities, despised ease and statutes, chased weakness and we made forays
8)Can you also check if these spellings are possible?
two kiwis or two kiwi fruits
two kakis or two kaki
two grapefruits or ..fruit
Can I replace a hundred grams of ham with a hectogram of ham???
I really hope someone can help me.
- English - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 9:50am
5. Put the word "and" between threatened "and" plundered.
6. menial (not plural = adjective)
Yes, hectogram = 100 grams
P.S. I would not add anything within parentheses.
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 10:56am
Again and again ... you need to put proper punctuation at the ends of sentences -- usually periods, but sometimes question marks or exclamation marks.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Can you check for the last time my rephrase of this poem and I suggest...
- English - Could you please check these other sentences? Thank you. 2)Then he ...
- English - What belief does Whitman share with Ralph Waldo Emerson and other ...
- English - Do you happent to have a comment on this poem taken from Walt Whitman'...
- English - 1. Have you ever chatted with a foreigner at a chatroom? 2. Have you ...
- English - Can you please give me your opinion on the poem Amulet by Ted Hughes. ...
- English - Why does Allen Ginsberg Refer to Walt Whitman as dear father in his ...
- American Literature - I posted this question twice by mistake and the response ...
- English - On the playground, there are two fathers and three kids. There is a ...
- english(check answers) - please check answers 7.which of these sentences shows ...