Posted by Abbie on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 12:05am.
Introducing organized sports among young children is not recommended because?
A.this excludes the teacher or caregiver
from a role in play.
B.they lack the necessary physical
C.they should be making up their own rules.
D.they lack the social interaction skills needed.
My answer is B
childcare - Writeacher, Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 8:43am
I think you're right.
At age 3, my granddaughter said she wanted to play soccer after school. (She was in preschool!) Eventually, there were about 8 preschoolers who were also interested, so the school formed an after-school 'class' for these tiny ones.
This went on for many weeks, and the kids loved it. They never learned the rules of the game nor how to score goals. The primary skill they were taught was how to kick the ball (early on, most kids couldn't make the connection between foot and ball), and most of them then learned how to kick it down the field. (The 'field' was about half the size of a regular soccer field.)
Everyone was happy, and the kids were learning the most basic skill for the game. Simply kicking the ball, much less kicking it down the field, was a great accomplishment for these tiny ones.
childcare - PsyDAG, Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 12:07pm
I would agree with B.
childcare - Daniela, Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 5:12am
the corect answer is D
childcare - stephanie, Sunday, September 7, 2014 at 9:46pm
I need to know what's the right answer to introducing organized sports among young children is not recommended because
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Kids and Sports - Introducing organized sports among young children is not ...
- From theory and practice - Introducing organized sports among young children is ...
- From Theory to practice - Introducing organized sports among young children is ...
- early childhood - Introducing organized sports among young children is not ...
- child day care management,health,safety,and nutrit - Q; introducing organized ...
- English - What do you lack in? What do you lack? I lack in common sense. I lack ...
- The practice of working with school age children - When planning outdoor games, ...
- Observing development of the young child - The type of pretend play in which ...
- Social Studies - Why is farming not a viable economic option for all areas of ...
- cultural diversity - i have 3 questions that i am stuck on and i really need to ...