Posted by rebecca on Monday, January 18, 2010 at 12:28am.
"If Whales Could Think On Certain Happy Days"
by Irving Layton
As the whale surfaced
water spouted from his head
in great jets of praise
for the silent, awesome
he beheld between sea and sky.
filled his immense body
for his sense of well-being,
with the universe
and he thought:
"Surely the Maker of Whales
made me for a purpose".
Just then the harpoon
slammed into his side
tearing a hole in it
as wide as the sky.
In a complete paragraph of at least 8 senatnces explain the message the author is expressing to us. Use some direct quotes from the poem to support your reasoning. Help, please and thank you? :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A marine life amusement park has 6 killer whales. Each whale consumes ...
- math - A marine biologist tags 100 whales. Later, a sample of 115 whales was ...
- Physical Science - Suppose a whale is stranded on a beach. It is 15 meters from ...
- Math - Okay, so for the following question I was able to answer half of the ...
- English - 1. How long are blue whales? - They are about 30 meters long. 1-2. How...
- statistics - A naturalist leads whale watch trips every morning in March. The ...
- biology - phytoplankton-> krill-> squid-> sea lion-> killer whale ...
- biology - Research the sea lamprey, an exotic species that has had a great ...
- English - 1. Blue whales eat only krill. 2. There is a krill in the sea. 3. ...
- English - 1. As he didn't know what to say, he remained silent. 2. Not knowing ...