Posted by Bryan on Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 10:06pm.
1.The relationship between language and meaning is often unclear and difficult because: My answer is C
the sentences we create are very rarely unique
even speech communities do not have common grammatical rules
language is innate
words have both denotative and connotative meaning
2.If instead of saying "The car was wrecked" you say, "The left fender was busted by a hit-and-run driver," you are using: My answer is A
3. Using the words "patches of different colors" instead of "variegated" when talking with a 5-year-old is a matter of word: My answer is either A or D
4. Saying "Jordan is a really good female chef" is an example of: My answer is C
5. If the new diet worked for Dave and Sarah, it will probably work for us as well. This is most likely an example of:My answer is C
Interpersonal Communcation (Check) - Writeacher, Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 11:00pm
1. Rethink this.
2. Rethink this.
3. Which one? A or D?
4. Rethink this.
5. True -- but it could also be generalization.
Interpersonal Communcation (Check) - PsyDAG, Monday, January 18, 2010 at 10:46am
1. If someone says to you, "You dirty rat!" does that mean that they actually think you are a rodent? (D)
2. Which statement is clearer about what occurred? (C)
3. Why would the child understand the first phrase better? What terms do they think in? (C/D) If their thinking is more concrete, that statement would be more appropriate for their level of thinking.
4. To indicate that Jordan is a good chef, is it necessary to indicate that she is female? If you are indicating that good chefs are male and Jordan is is an exception, it would be C. However, I could also see it as an unnecessary assumption.
5. A generalization is an assumption that if something applies to one situation, it can be applied to others. I agree with Writeacher.
I hope this helps a little more.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Children Development - Name and describe the 4 distinct elements of language. 1....
- interpersonal communcation - The process of exchanging messages, usually ...
- English--Please, help me! - 1. You can often tell the part of speech of a word ...
- com200 - interpersonal communcation meaning
- English - Posted by rfvv on Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 9:39am. One of the don'ts ...
- ENGLISH - 1. Audrey said that Kyle was the most unique person she had even met. ...
- business english - can u give me guidelines to solve this exercise or tell me if...
- language arts Ms. Sue please - Monitoring comprehension by rereading can be ...
- english..... please help me again. - please help me on my exam. to make good ...
- english..pls. ms. sue help me - please help me on my exam. to make good answer ...