Posted by mysterychicken on Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 6:01pm.
Write a proposal suggesting ways for the Odyssey to be made into a movie that's set in the present. Imagine that the readers of the proposal will be the producers of the movie. Explain how you would modernize the epic.'
The only things I can't seem to modernize are:
He meets lotus eaters, sirens, cyclops, scylla and charybdis.
He is tempted by Calypso and Circe
Forutne hunters at home around his wife.
Son is insulted.
Please Please help!
Literature - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 6:25pm
These -- lotus eaters, sirens, cyclops, scylla and charybdis -- could represent people of different cultures and those with strange or anti-social habits. How about drug addicts, prostitutes, etc.?
Our news media shows men like Tiger Woods being tempted by "sirens."
MC -- use YOUR imagination for the rest.
Literature - mysterychicken, Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 6:29pm
Ok, thank you!
Literature - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 6:32pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literature - Need help with this activity: 'Write a proposal suggesting ways for...
- history - You're a famous movie producer. Large historical epics have become ...
- Writing - How might one write a proposal with a sample script for a movie or TV ...
- English Survey(please post) - what book do you think should be made into a movie...
- economics - The 31 members of the board of the Student S. Inc. are about to take...
- English - 3. I didn't see the movie Star Wars. - Me neither. - I saw the movie. ...
- HCA 210 - I am having trouble figuring out how to write a proposal for a new ...
- English - Thank you very much for your help...
- English - 1. If I met my favorite movie star, I would try shake hands with him. ...
- English - 1. How about going to see a movie? 2. Why don't we go to see a movie? ...