Posted by linda on Friday, January 15, 2010 at 5:08pm.
7 test tubes
Added 5mL of water of 0.1 HCl and 5mL of water to 1st test tube.
Poured 9mL of water to remaining 6 test tubes.
Poured 1mL of solution from 1st test tube to 2nd.
Poured 1mL from 2nd to third.
Poured 1mL from 3rd to 4th.
" " 4th to 5th.
" " 5th to 6th.
" " 6th to 7th.
I added 2 drops of bromothymol blue to each and recorded color.
What is the Concentration(M) and the pH of each test tube?
How do I start?
- chemistry - bobpursley, Friday, January 15, 2010 at 7:09pm
YOu are diluting by a factor of 10 each time.
First tube (half water, half .1M)=.05M
Now check the first tube concentration, as I am not certain I intrepreted your Added right. It read as if it was half and half mixture.
- chemistry - linda, Friday, January 15, 2010 at 8:08pm
Sorry, I meant 5mL of 0.1M HCl and 5mL of water.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - This is a limit test for chlorides. 1.0g of NaOH sample was ...
- Chemistry - pls help - This is a limit test for chlorides. 1.0g of NaOH sample ...
- Chemistry - help - This is a test for chlorides in NaOH sample. 1.0g of NaOH was...
- Chemistry - one morning you are given 3 test tubes of aqueous solutions of ...
- Chemistry -thanks - Hi,there was an error with the procedure. 1.0g NaOH sample ...
- Chemistry - Just checking to see if my answers are correct. 5mL of 0.1M NaOH and...
- Chemistry - A standard of red dye was prepared in the following manner: 4.5mL ...
- Chemistry - 2 ml of stock antibiotic (64 mg/ml) was diluted into a test tube ...
- Chemistry - Three colorless solutions in test tubes, with no labels, are in a ...
- Chemistry - more advice needed thanks - I obtained a lot of dirty brown ppt the ...