Posted by scooby on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 4:29pm.
What do you think of when you hear the term academic honesty? How does knowing the difference among original ideas, common knowledge, and plagiarism help you stay honest when you write an academic paper? What are some of the consequences of not being academically honest?
When I hear the term academic honesty I think of not cheating on your assignments. I also think you should be honest when you do your work. Make sure you give the proper credit for information. Knowing the difference between common knowledge, original ideas, and plagiarism helps you in being honest because you would know where to put your citations and references. I think you do not need to cite any sources if it is common knowledge. Failing the assignment, getting kicked out of the class, getting a failing grade, and getting kicked out of the school are all consequences of not being honest.
- academic honesty (answers included) - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 4:32pm
- academic honesty (answers included) - scooby, Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 4:38pm
thank you ms sue
- academic honesty (answers included) - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 4:44pm
- academic honesty (answers included) - Anonymous, Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 5:38am
Decision making is a process by which several possibilities are considered and prioritized, resulting in a clear choice of one option over others. Decision making is a fact of life personally and in business. We make dozens of decisions each day. Some decisions are simple, while others are complex. Some are made for us while others require a great deal of analysis and thought. From what to wear to work to what computer system to choose to how to reward top performers to what movie to see, we use a variety of complex thought processes to make decisions from an array of options. Our ability to make decisions helps us to navigate through life, avoiding potential problems and expanding our horizons. Decision making plays a similar role in business. Decision making aids managers in identifying and selecting among potential opportunities, helping them solve immediate problems and make future problems more manageable. Good decision makers are those who are effective at processing information, assessing risks, and making choices that will have positive outcomes for their organization.
Authors: S. C. De Janasz, K. O. Dowd, & B. Z. Schneider
Title of book: Interpersonal Skills in Organizations
City of publication: New York, NY.
Page number: 372
Complete the following:
Write a brief summary of the main ideas of the paragraph. Create an in-text citation for your summary.
Paraphrase a specific point or points made by the author within the paragraph. Create an in-text citation for your paraphrase.
Identify a direct quote from the paragraph. Create an in-text citation for your direct quote.
Create a reference for your paragraph.
Answer this Question
- ENGLISH - What do you think of when you hear the term academic honesty? How does...
- English - 1. I like him because of his honesty. 2. I like him on account of his ...
- academic execellence - Which of the following is NOT a potential consequence of ...
- curriculum and instruction - teacher adhere to tenets of academic honesty/...
- english - Which of the following is NOT a potential consequence of plagiarism? A...
- Writing - Need help completing a 5-7 page paper on the importance of Academic ...
- Professional Ethics - In professional ethics there are holism and separatism....
- Enlgish - I have to write a 1000 word essay on how I am going to be effective, ...
- gen/105 - Suppose you had to write a paper on academic honesty in higher ...
- English - what be jakes opinion of honesty of adults? adult not be honest enough...