Posted by electra on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 1:30am.
i need help defining these slang words from th 1920s. These were the ones I coulnt find.
-all my whiskers -lickey split
-blind dragon -park
apush - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 2:12am
There are some great sites here:
twenties slang - drwls, Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 2:24am
lickety split = quickly; right away
a white cow is a vanila milk shake
(a black cow is a Coke float)
carhops waited on people in their cars at drive-in fast food restaurants. Your food was served on a tray that hung on the open car window.
A motorcycle called a chopper until after WWII. In the twenties, it was a name for the Thompson submachine gun, or "tommy gun".
apush - drwls, Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 2:27am
I left out "wasn't" after motorcycle and misspelled "vanilla"
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- american history - i need to come up with a dialogue using 5 slang words from ...
- History - I need to write a 1920s letter mentioning the booming economy, new ...
- 4th grade - A MAN HAS 6 HOUSES. INEACH HOUSE HE KEEPS 6 CATS. EACH CAT HAS 6 ...
- College Math - Suzy has a bag containing 5 red marbles, 2 green ones, 4 white ...
- Biology - how do chromosomes determine sex a family has four children, two girls...
- English - 1. A cow can make about 12kg of waste in a day. ( Is a cow a female? ...
- com 155 - Are these well written sentences? 1. When I am writing, my words need ...
- English - Please help me find these words in the book hatchet. These words are ...
- English - Choose the correct possessive form for each phrase. A. the potatoe's ...
- white collar crime - I need help defining and describing edwin sutherlands ...