Posted by anu on Monday, January 11, 2010 at 11:15am.
1. You are mixing the use of present and past tenses. Stay with one or the other.
2. You need to keep working on the correct use of articles, "a" and "an" and "the."
A seventeen-year-old boy, Alex...
of the novel
in the study
on the phone
3. Subject-verb agreement: If the subject is singular, then the verb needs to be singular; plural subject, plural verb.
Alex comes ... and find ... How will you fix the error here? Make sure this doesn't happen anywhere else in your writing.
4. Watch capitalization and spaces.
5. There's a subject missing at the beginning of the last sentence, and further rephrasing is needed so you don't end up with a run-on sentence.
Make corrections and repost. Someone here will re-check for you.
If you need extra help with English grammar, here are some excellent websites to use. Then fix and repost your writing, and we'll check it.
Click on the topics you need at the left.
Click on Terms for explanations.
click on the topics you need at the left.
Click on Grammar Practice and you'll find different links for nouns, verbs, etc.
ela - SO CAN YOU CORRECT FOR AS MY ELA TEACHER please Seventeen year old boy, ...
ENGLISH - CAN YOU PROOF READ FOR ME PLEASE A seventeen year old boy, Alex is the...
english - can proof read and i made some changes that writeteacher told me A ...
english it is verry important - can you proof read and i made little changes and...
ela - i wrote more so can you proof read this too. please and thanyou There was...
ela - proof read for me He went to eat toast and then he went to buy cards. One ...
ENGLISH - I've been given this question for the novel THE GREAT GATSBY and ...
math age problem - four years agoslyvia was two thirds as old as alex was then. ...
ela - can you proof read for me He went back to room and he saw his father didn...
English - 1. It has been raining since this this morning. 2. It has rained since...
For Further Reading