Posted by jeff on Saturday, January 9, 2010 at 9:34am.
Question 1 text
The head of the History Department wants to compare the averages of 2 different instructorâ€™s to see if they differ. A sample of 15 students in Instructor Aâ€™s class has average of 74 with a standard deviation of 11. A sample of 12 students in Instructor Bâ€™s class has a mean of 77 and a standard deviation of 13. Variances are assumed to be equal. What is the test value?
Question 1 answers
Question 2 text
A two-tailed t-test independent samples is to be performed. The variances are assumed to be unequal. Group one has 17 people in the sample and group two has 14 people in the sample. If alpha = 0.05, what will be a correct critical value?
Question 2 answers
Question 3 text
Which of the following would not be an example of dependent samples?
Question 3 answers
Students taking a pretest and a posttest on the same material
Patients are matched according to blood types in a hospital study
The salaries of truckers in Wyoming and compared to the salaries of truckers in Rhode Island.
The effect of a drug on reaction time measured by a before and after test.
Question 4 text
Which of the following is not a requirement necessary to use the z-test in comparing two proportions?
Question 4 answers
the samples must be independent
Np must be 5 or more
Nq must be 5 or more
The samples must be dependent
Question 5 text
The pooled estimate of the population variance for a given hypothesis test was 0.35. Sample 1 had 40 people out of 90 who liked poodles and sample 2 had 30 people who liked poodles. How many people were questioned in sample 2?
Question 5 answers
Question 6 text
In a sample of 80 Honda cars, 45% of them got 28 miles per gallon,while a sample of 100 Nissan cars showed that 42% of them got 28 miles per gallon. If Honda cars are considered to be the first proportion,what would be the value of x1 ?
Question 6 answers
Question 7 text
Using the z-test for comparing two independent means, sigma1 = 10, n1 = 32, sigma2 = 12 and n2 = 31, the standard error of difference would be:
Question 7 answers
Question 8 text
A student was conducting a hypothesis test to compare 2 independent samples using the z-test. He is checking the claim that there is no difference between to different samples. Sample 1 had a mean of 85, a standard deviation of 14 and there were 36 items in he sample. Sample 2 had a standard deviation of 15 and there were 32 items in the sample. The student does not know what the mean of sample 2 was, but the test value was z= 1.85. What the mean of sample 2?
Question 8 answers
Question 9 text
A hypothesis test will be performed to test the difference between means when the 2 samples are independent. Which test will be used when the population standard deviations are not known?
Question 9 answers
test of proportions
Question 10 text
The t-test for independent samples when the variances are equal will be used to compare 2 means. One sample is size 12, the other sample is size 10. A two-tailed test will be performed using Alpha = 0.02. What would be a correct critical value for this test?
Question 10 answers
- statistics - PsyDAG, Saturday, January 9, 2010 at 9:41am
It seems like you are trying to get us to do your work for you. We do not do that. If we did, you would learn very little.
Show us your attempts to respond to these questions, so we can give you feedback.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math 126 - These are the automatically computed results of your exam. Grades for...
- statistics - 14) You wish to compare the average GPA of students from one ...
- statistics - The head of a computer science department is interested in ...
- Science - What is the average summer temperature in the desert biome? Select one...
- CHEMISTRY - I am having a ton of trouble with this lab question, I do not ...
- chemistry - I am having a ton of trouble with this lab question, I do not ...
- Statistics - A class consists of 9 students with an average age of 40. When the ...
- Statistics - A history class is comprised of 5 female and 8 male students. If ...
- Statistics - An instructor has graded 25 exam papers submitted by students in a ...
- statistics - how to identify the 5 W's in the problem of the student averages in...