Posted by Helly on Friday, January 8, 2010 at 6:43pm.
if 4.55 g of sodium sulphide and 15.0 g of bismuth nitrate are dissolved in separate beakers of water which are then poured togehter, what is the maximum mass of bismuth sulphide an insoulble compound that could precipitate? Which reactant was the limitting reactant?
Na2S + Bi(NO3)3 --- Bi2S3 + Na^+ + NP3^- ( not balanced )
i m getting 9.77 g for Bi2S3 .
no limiting reactant .. both are same ..
can u plz conform
- Chem Very Urgent - bobpursley, Friday, January 8, 2010 at 8:33pm
No limiting reactant? Odd.
What was the moles of Na2S?
What was the moles of Bi(NO3)3
Now balance the equation.
the coefficents tells you the mole ratio you need. What was the mole ratio you had?
- Chem Very Urgent - bobsley plz conform, Friday, January 8, 2010 at 8:38pm
balanced equatoin is
3Na2S + 2Bi(NO3)3 --- Bi2S3 + 6Na^+ + 6NO3^-
moles of Na2S = 0.058
moles of Bi(no3)3 = 0.038
Na2S = 0.058 / 3 = 0.019
Bi(no3)3 = 0.038 / 2 = 0.019
both are same for Bi2S3 from balanced equation
so the mass is 9.77 g
no limiting reactant ..
- Chem Very Urgent - bobpursley, Friday, January 8, 2010 at 8:52pm
amazing. exactly the same. No limiting reactant.
check your calcs again. I might have made a mistake, but I got 9.57 g.
- Chem Very Urgent - a, Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 10:20pm
don't round the answers so early, and you will see that one of them is the limiting reactant
Answer this Question
- Chemistry Urgent Help - if 4.55 g of sodium sulphide and 15.0 g of bismuth ...
- Chemistry ....Please help - If 4.55 g of sodium sulphide and 15.0 g of bismuth ...
- chemistry help plz - if 4.55 g of sodium sulphide and 15.0 g of bismuth nitrate...
- Chemistry ....Please Double check - If 4.55 g of sodium sulphide and 15.0 g of ...
- To DrBob222 - Now I have to name the compounds below. Please correct any of my ...
- Physical Science - Here are some half-lives for different isotopes of bismuth (...
- chemistry - if 5.2 grams of bismuth react under certain conditions with 10.0 g ...
- Grade 10 Science - Why is the name for the ionic bond FeS Iron (II) Sulphide ...
- chemistry - Suppose that 2.00mL of 0.02 mol/L aqueous sodium sulphide, Na2S is ...
- Chemistry - 8.76g of aluminum sulphide is added to 0.0350L of 0.250mol/L lead(II...