Posted by Anonymous on Friday, January 8, 2010 at 12:58pm.
Directions: In each of the following sentences some part of the sentence or the entire sentence is underlined. Beneath each sentence you will find four ways of writing the underlined part. The first of these repeats the original, but the other three are all different. If you think the original sentence is better than any of the suggested changes, you should choose answer A; otherwise you should mark one of the other choices. Select the best answer and fill in the corresponding lettered space on the answer sheet.
In choosing answers, follow the requirements of standard written English; that is, pay attention to acceptable usage in grammar, diction (choice of words), sentence construction, and punctuation. Choose the answer that expresses most effectively what is presented in the original sentence; this answer should be clear and exact, without awkwardness, ambiguity, or redundancy.
5) In many areas water was long considered a free commodity, available to the farmer at not any more than the price to transport it.
A) at not any more than the price to transport it
B) at no more than the costs of transportation
C) for no more than the price of transporting it
D) only for the price that it costs to transport it
6) The medical personnel treating the victims displaced by the hurricane claimed that the situation would grow worse, unless having more medical supplies.
A) worse, unless having more
B) worse because of needing more
C) worse without more
D) worse without having more
- com 220 - Writeacher, Friday, January 8, 2010 at 1:11pm
Please let us know what YOU THINK the correct answers are. Then we'll be able to help you.
- com 220 - PsyDAG, Friday, January 8, 2010 at 1:14pm
To underline a segment online, you can put brackets <> with "U" within them at the beginning of the segment and brackets with "/U" at the end of the segment to end the underlining.
I hope this helps.
- com 220 - jean, Tuesday, May 4, 2010 at 10:52pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English- 5 - Directions: In each of the following sentences some part of the ...
- E.L.A. PLEASE CHECK! - Identify the underlined word in the sentence. Write ...
- English - Identify the incorrect word in the sentence. My point was that Sophia'...
- language arts - Identify the choice that best describes the underlined word in ...
- English - The plane came down later than expected. 15. In this sentence, what ...
- E.L.A. PLEASE CHECK! - Which choice best describes the underlined words in the ...
- Language - Identify the choice that best describes the underlined word in the ...
- English - Identify the part of speech or the form of a part of speech in the ...
- English - Can anyone help me with this? After the sentence, identify the ...
- English, please help - Which sentence below has an underlined action verb? A. ...