Posted by eng on Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 9:59pm.
1)The reaction of methane and oxygen yields carbon dioxide gas and water. The unbalanced reaction is as follows: CH4(g) + O2(g)CO2(g) + H2O(g)
A. If 0.718 grams of methane are reacted, how many grams of water vapor are produced?
B. If 1.621 grams CO2 are released, how many grams of methane were reacted?
2)Write a balanced equation for the following reduction-oxidation reaction.
SO3–2 + MnO4–SO42– + Mn2+
chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 10:30pm
Place an arrow where it belongs in the equation. Then balance it.
2. Convert grams you are given to moles. # moles = grams/molar mass.
3. Using the coefficients in the balanced equation, convert moles of what you were given to moles of water.
4. Convert moles water to grams. g = moles x molar mass.
1B. Use the same kind of procedure. This will work most stoichiometry problems.
#2. How much do you know about balancing redox equations. Here are a couple of hint to get you started.
S changes from +4 on the left to +6 on the right. Mn changes from +7 on the left to +2 on the right. You can make the problem simpler by using an arrow where it belongs. You do an arrow with --- and > or ===>.
Post your work if you get stuck.
chemistry - eng, Saturday, January 9, 2010 at 4:50pm
i don't know if this is right, 2SO3–2 + MnO4 yield 4SO42– + 2Mn2+
college - Israel, Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 6:53pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chem help - The reaction of methane and oxygen yields carbon dioxide gas and ...
- Chemistry - A mole of methane reacts with 64g of oxygen at 1 atm, 425 K. There ...
- Chemistry - 1. Hydrogen gas combines with oxygen gas to yield water. if 15 g O2 ...
- Please help me!!! Chemistry - Multiple choice When methane is burned with oxygen...
- Chemistry - A 5.00 g mixture of methane (CH4) and ethane (C2H6) is combusted in ...
- Chemistry - These are the answers I got for the following problems - am I right...
- Chemistry - Gaseous methane (CH4) reacts with gaseous oxygen gas (O2) to produce...
- chemistry - Methane (CH4) burns in oxygen to produce carbon dioxide and water ...
- chemistry - Gaseous methane CH4 will react with gaseous oxygen O2 to produce ...
- Chemistry - 132 grams of CH4 reacts with Oxygen gas to produce carbon dioxide ...