I had a couple of questions on the topic of Waves-Sound and Light.
1. What is the source of all waves?
2. In one word, what is it that moves from source to receiver in a wave motion?
3. Does the medium in which a wave travels move with the wave?
4. What is the relationship among frequency, wavelength and wave speed?
*wave speed=wavelength * frequency
Intergarted Science - drwls, Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 8:56pm
3. #3 is wrong. The medium DOES move, back and forth.
The others are OK
Intergarted Science - Kon, Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 9:33am
#3is correct!!!!!!!!!! becuz in wave motion,it transfer WAVE ENERGY only without transferring the matter.Bear in mind!